Bottom Ad Slot (728x90)

Side Ads

Saturday 19 March 2016

Raagi puttu

   Ragi puttu, my favorite puttu of all time..I love it more than my rice puttu and wheat flour puttu. But tapioca puttu is also my favorite. I make sure to include ragi in my families diet atleast once a week, i make either idiyappam, idli, crispy dosa.

Ingredients:


  • Ragi Flour / Finger Millet Flour - 2 cup
  • Sugar - 2 tblspn
  • Salt to taste
  • Water as needed
  • Ripe Banana as needed
  • Fresh Coconut as needed grated


Method:



  1. Take ragi flour in a large mixing bowl.  Add in salt, sugar and mix well.
  2. Now add in water slowly and mix well with your hands. This will form into crumbs. The crumbs should not be dry, it should form into a tight ball when you hold it and it should crumble when you drop it.
  3. Now take your puttu making gadget. I used cup puttu gadget.
  4. Fill water in the pressure cooker and heat it up.
  5. Drop the holed disc inside the cup. Now start layering the funnel.
  6. First add some coconut in the bottom, followed by the puttu mixture, then top some sliced banana.
  7. Place the cup over the pressure cooker. Cook this for 7 to 10 mins till the puttu is cooked.
  8. Now flip the puttu cup and Serve this puttu hot with banana and sugar.

No comments: